Friday, November 23, 2012


CANDY GLASSES

(all directions are copied exactly from her blog) 

If you’re anything like me (impulsive & maybe slightly reckless), you probably have quite a few pairs of inexpensive sunglasses lying around. I decided to take a couple of pairs over the top with flower charms that look like candy. It was really easy and quick and therefore totally satisfying and fun! And look ma, no cavities.

Main influences: Anja’s “Like Candy” shoot, A-Morir super fancy & dreamy Cass and Philips sunglasses, and the Dolce & Gabbana floral sunglasses that influenced this Honestly WTF tutorial (which I found after I had completed one of my pairs, knowing there had to be at least one DIY or tutorial out there — good news, since their tutorial is much better than mine could ever be!). Also, Jordan posted a picture of her making floral sunglasses on Instagram and it reminded me that I had wanted to dress up some sunglasses myself (psst, did you sign up for her flower crown workshop? It’s on again & I totally recommend it if you like flowers, sangria, and babes).



I used these sunglasses that I got at Topshop last year that I loved at the time but that I haven’t been wearing very much. I also decorated a pair of Super knockoffs from ASOS. 


I got my flowers from this Etsy shop. I chose mostly 11mm and 12mm matte roses, in my usual pale blue, pink, and white palette, with a little violet as well (purple keeps creeping into my life in subtle ways). I love the ceramic ones in the Honestly WTF tutorial and wish I had found them earlier, and there are also some cute clay ones around Etsy supply shops; the clay flowers seem to be advertised as charms to glue on your blinged-out phone cases. Kawaii! 


I used a glue gun because I am lazy and the glue dries pretty quickly. These don’t need a ton of glue to stay put.




No comments:

Post a Comment